What's In This Month's Issue
- Metro Hits A Milestone
|Kelly's version of The McCarty Metro turns 12 years old this month. Read his story in the Final Thought, along with the original "Jerry's World" as it appeared in October, 1992.|
- Halloween Candy
What's the best candy and what's the worst! Help Mom sort it!
- Metro News
Who got married? Will it Last? What's going on in Iraq?
E-Mail Our Students
Going away to college can be difficult. The first time away from home, family, and friends. We are going to list some of our students who are away at college. If you have time, please send an e-mail to support our students. As I receive more students names, they will be added to the list below.
Sir Graves Ghastly
In honor of the great Sir Graves Ghastly,
Here’s some Halloween Riddles
Gas Prices For Your Areas
To get you ready for the Trivia Contest below, and the monthly Metro Quiz inside, here are some quick puzzles to sharpen your noggin.
1. A fireman is running to get a net under a lady who looks like she might jump off the balcony of her 20 story apartment building. There is nothing below her except a 20 story fall. The fireman is still 100 yards away when she falls and can't nearly get there in time. The woman is not hurt more than a bruise. How is that possible? Click Here
2. A man falls overboard and gets washed ashore on an island with nothing but sand. The island is 50 miles from the nearest land. He can't swim, the water's 100 feet deep, and the island has nothing to make a floatation device with. With no help from people, animals, fish, or machines he finds a way off the island. How does he do it? Click Here
What 5 letter word contains 4 personal pronouns?
Congratulations to... Larry Wendt, Reuben Mathers, Mike McCarty, Jerry McCarty & Matt Scholl
Detroit Tiger pitcher Jeremy Bonderman struck out 14 Chicago White Sox hitters in one game this past month. Who was the last Tiger pitcher before Bonderman to strike out at least 14 in a game?
Metro Caption Contest
|Submit A Caption For This Picture...||September Results|
Metro Sound Off
McCarty Metro Chat Room
The McCarty Metro Chat Room is open 24 / 7 for its' visitors.
Feel free to chat on-line with the family and friends who are also on the site. Metro subscribers will receive free updates and reminders for pre-scheduled group chat times.
SIGN UP FREE NOW!
Here is a pre-list of October Group Chat Times.
Dan Rather has gotten a lot of publicity for the forged National Guard documents. Here are some other stories CBS News broadcasted without checking the facts.
|1. A Nigerian businessman is looking for someone to share $20,000,000 with.|
2. The ghost of a dead hitchhiker is trying to get a ride outside her mother’s house.
3. A woman found a guy with an ax in the back seat while pumping gas.
|4. Thirty-four syringes are found in McDonald’s ball pit.|
5. Wait 30 minutes after eating before going swimming.
6. Richard Gere hospitalized with a gerbil.
7. Paul McCartney is dead.
8. The Lottery is fixed.
9. Martians crashed in the desert.
10. It you burp, sneeze, and fart all at once, you will die.
Our Family & Friends Affiliate Sites
|Editor:||Thank You To All Of Our Contributors:.|
|Kelly McCarty||Gerry Bufalini|
|Joke Of The Month|
A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me…I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started".
Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?" The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a tiger."
Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle. She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table. He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says,
"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger". He then sighed and said, "let's put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box."
Please Note: The Metro prior to February, 2004, was a quarterly newsletter.
TRICK OR TREAT!!!
Read The Metro